Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Twenty Thirteen: The First Post

NYE 2012/13
And just like that, it was gone. 2012 rolled in and rolled out like the evening tide, and here we are. What this year holds in store for each of us is yet to discover, but one thing is certain - we're at least partly responsible for where the times take us. So, on that note and without further ado, here it is - my new year resolution: "Work to live, not live to work." 

Plainly. Simply. Resolved.

One thing that was very conspicuously missing from my last post's Notable Moments of 2012 was my brand baby new job! After just over a year pimping insurance for State Farm, I landed a job doing logistics for an ocean forwarder with a myriad of perks. Otherwise stated, I deliver the goods. ;) My experience at State Farm was invaluable, and it served a very worthwhile purpose, but this latest opportunity is just jam-packed with exciting possibilities. It's 10 minutes from home, I'm learning an entirely new field to me (which keeps me engaged at a very high level), and I get to leave work earlier (and be home much earlier). For this reason, there couldn't be a more perfect time to resolve to dedicate this extra time to doing things that I love to do.

I've always had a tendancy to Take Care of Biz rather than set aside time to do what I enjoy - like writing, for example. And I recognize that an extra 30 minutes to an hour of free time gained every evening can easily disappear into nothingness - kind of like a dollar-an-hour raise... it just sorta... vanishes... unless you're intentional with it and invest it apart from your spending money. So, that's what I'm doing. I'm investing my extra time each day to me. :D TCB-ing is necessary (TCB - Y? Because somebody's gotta. Ooo... I want some FroYo...), but so is doing what I want to do. Here's to life. *Cheers* :)

6 comments:

  1. The new job sounds great! Here's a a great new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! It's going to be a great year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved your posts, Stacie. There's always something I learn from your unique perspective. Great to also hear you've landed a fantastic job. You know, it's funny how life works. Things seem to fall into place once we're ready... At least that's what I've found in my life. Ready for the next step in the journey. Ready for better things. I'm overjoyed to hear of your blessings! Thrilled, in fact! It's been a long time coming for you. The season is right and you're ready for the next floodgate of blessings. I'm oh so very happy for you Stacie! Can't wait to see what 2013 holds for you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts